Barack Obama was the President of the United States for eight years.
He was first elected in November 2008, and took office at noon on January 20, 2009.
Obama was the 44th President of the United States.
He was the first African American to become a U.S. President.
Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, on August 4, 1961.
His father was black and was born in Kenya, Africa, and his mother was white and was born in Kansas, U.S.A.
Obama's parents divorced when he was a toddler and his mother, step-father, and maternal grandparents raised him.
Obama graduated from Columbia University in New York City in 1983 with a BA in political science.
He worked several jobs after graduating college. One of those jobs was as a community organizer in Chicago, Illinois.
In 1988, Obama enrolled in Harvard Law School. He graduated in 1991.
While at Harvard Law School, Obama became the first African American President of the prestigious Harvard Law Review.
After working as a lawyer for several years, Obama entered politics. He served in the Illinois State Senate from 1996-2004.
Obama was the junior U.S. Illinois Senator from 2005 until he won the U.S. Presidential election. He took the Presidential Oath of Office on January 20, 2009.
Obama is a Democrat, and his Vice President was Joe Biden. Biden is from Delaware.
Barack Obama is married to Michelle Obama, and they have two daughters. Their oldest daughter is Malia and their youngest daughter is Sasha.
1. Obama's full name is Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. He is named after his father, Barack Obama, Senior.
2. Obama attended grade school in Jakarta, Indonesia after his mother married an Indonesian man.
3. For twelve years, he taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School.
4. Obama and his wife Michelle have two daughters.
5. He married Michelle Robinson in 1992.
1. How many times was Obama elected President of the United States?
2. When was Barack Obama born?
3. What state was Obama born in?
4. What political office did Obama hold before he became president?
5. What is the name of the special house he and his family lived in?