1. There were 55 delegates at the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia. The delegates are called the Founding Fathers because they wrote the Constitution.
2. Benjamin Franklin was the oldest member of the Constitutional Convention. He gave a speech when it was completed and asked that all 13 states vote to approve it unanimously.
3. The Constitution was written in the same building that the Declaration of Independence was written in.
4. George Washington was the leader of the men who wrote the Constitution. He remained silent during most of the debates.
5. The first state to ratify the Constitution was Delaware.