MALCOLM X FACTS
1. Malcolm X was one-fourth white. His mother's father was Scottish.
2. The letter X represents the unknown and it is used by Black Muslims to symbolize the original and unknown last name of their African slave ancestors.
3. His nickname was Red when he was young because he had reddish hair.
4. In 1958, Malcolm married Betty X. They had six daughters, including a set of twins who were born after Malcolm died.
5. In 1971, Washington, D.C. was the first city to celebrate Malcolm X Day.
6. Of the three men sentenced to prison for killing Malcolm X, two of them still claim they are innocent.