1. Barack Obama is the first African American to become President of the United States.
2. Most of the government buildings in Washington, D.C. are white.
3. Presidents are elected in November,but they don't take office until January of the next year.
4. George Washington was the first President of the United States. He is called the "Father of our Country."
5. The White House used to be called the "President's House" and "Executive Mansion." Newspapers started calling it the "White House" so in 1901 President Theodore Roosevelt made the name "White House" the official name of the president's home and office.