1. The original handwritten copy of the Declaration of Independence does not exist anymore.
2. The first copy made of the original is badly faded. It is on display along with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights at the Nationl Archives Rotunda.
3. Together the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights are called the Charters of Freedom.
4. Thomas Jefferson's first draft criticized the slave trade, but it was changed by Congress.
5. The first and largest signature on the Declaration of Independence is that of John Hancock, President of the Continental Congress.