1. The Bill of Rights were added three years after the Constitution was ratified.
2. People were afraid the federal government would have too much power, so the Bill of Rights were added.
3. James Madison is known as the “Father of the Constitution” because he was the main writer of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
4. At first, the Bill of Rights only applied to the federal government, but now it also applies to the states.
5. “A bill of rights is what the people are entitled to against every government on earth, general or particular, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inferences.” -Thomas Jefferson