1. November is National American Indian Heritage Month.
2. States with the largest American Indian populations are: California, Oklahoma, Arizona, and New Mexico.
3. An Indian reservation is land that is managed by a Native American tribe. It is overseen by the U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs. Laws on reservations can be different than the laws in the surrounding areas.
4. There are over 300 Indian reservations in the United States.
5. A little less than half of all American Indians live on reservations.